We welcome your inquiries — please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Basic information for participants is included here. We also have a registration form that asks for your contact information and invites you to share information on your background and interests as a writer. The form also asks you to indicate which program(s) you want to participate in and includes information about accommodations and your housing preferences. To complete the registration form, please download it as a Word document and email it back to us at email@example.com or print and mail it to 10 Learned Place, Durham, NC 27705. You can download the form by clicking here and selecting download from the “File” menu. If you have trouble with this process, just email or call and we’ll get you the document some other way.
What we offer:
- Time away from everyday cares and responsibilities to work on your writing.
- An opportunity to spend time with an accomplished, published author who will serve as writer-in-residence and workshop mentor. The writer-in-residence will read and discuss a sample of each participant’s writing in a private conversation.
- A community of other writers with whom to share work, discuss ideas and challenges, and form new friendships.
- A beautiful setting with great views and walking trails with easy access to supplementary activities like rafting, fly fishing and horseback riding.
- Wholesome meals shared with other participants.
What we expect:
- Mature, responsible men and women (regardless of age) willing to share ideas, time and space creatively and respectfully.
- A strong sense of purpose and the ability to work independently. Doe Branch Ink is not a “course” and there are no assignments. Each participant should come prepared to work on whatever tasks they have set themselves. The writer-in-residence and the other participants will encourage this work with support and honest, constructive feedback.
- Good stewardship of the facilities, landscape and surrounding community that is host to the workshop.
- Explicit acknowledgment of our policies and agreement to abide by them, including a liability waiver.
- Timely payment of the comprehensive workshop fee, which covers the programs, accommodations, meals and refreshments.